Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 11:06 PM
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R and D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
BUSINESS TITLE: Service Worker
REPORTS TO: Production Manager/Shift Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY Under the direction of the Shift Foreman, responsible for maintaining cleanliness on the shop floor, and as required, fills in for the Tube Machine Operator (TMO).
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works under direction of Shift Supervisor.
- Performs alone or as a member of a group a combination of duties connected with direct support of machine forming or after:operations production areas.
- Manually unloads tubing from glazing or sorting machine and places in sleeve.
- Labels ware properly when new sleeve is started.
- Able to run automated alleys when assigned and perform proper operation of Kimpaks.
- Packs lengths of tubing into carton.
- May be required to us orbital wrapper depending on customer requirements.
- Weighs tubing prior to determine proper weight per carton.
- Reads job envelope and spec sheets and will make all quality checks when relieving or assisting the TMO/LA.
- During relief of TMO/LA, SC checks and enters into the DataMyte the O.D., wall weight, inside diameter (as required), out of round (flat), lopside and bow measurements every 15 : 20 minutes.
- Interprets the SPC control charts and communicates dimensional issues to the Hot End Tank Unit Operator (TUO).
- Visually inspects length of tubing for various types of glass defects by holding to light.
- Defects inspected for cords, seeds stones, inside streaks, blisters and other glass defects.
- Tends various machines such as trim and glaze or Kimpak.
- Notifies TMO or Set:Up worker of any problems that will cause glass loss.
- Sorts lengths of tubing or rod by manually gauging with go:no:go, drop plug ring, strip, or other types of gauges where sorting requirements are outside capabilities of electronic sorter.
- Relieves any service worker/crew, TMO, or LA for lunch or breaks.
- Makes adjustments as necessary to keep alley packing.
- Performs miscellaneous related duties as assigned, including assistance on such hot jobs as sleeve changes and new tube draw (alley hookups).
- Cleans up Service Crew area and alley breaks.
- Maintains records as required.
- Observes all safety rules and OSHA regulations and performs job in a safe manner.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP, WI, Forms, Flowcharts, etc.)
- Maintains good housekeeping and 5S.
- Performs other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS High School diploma or equivalent.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Each employee regardless of their position at Corning is required to assume responsibility for their own actions and to take positive steps in assisting their follow workers in support of a safe working environment.
- Employee is required to ensure that the Safety Rules and the Standard Operating Procedures are obeyed.
- Employee is required to immediately record and investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents/near missed and to take the appropriate action.
- Employee is required to rectify any condition considered unsafe.
- Employee is required to pro:actively support the Health and Safety Team.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race,
• Location: South Jersey, Vineland
• Post ID: 46610837 newjersey