Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 1:07 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position is responsible for supporting senior staff in preparation and review of designs for complex electrification engineering projects and studies to repair, rehabilitate or construct new electrification facilities. These facilities include but are not limited to 60Hz:25Hz power conversion facilities, traction power substations (25Hz and 60Hz), signal power generation (100Hz and 91:2/3Hz), etc. Review engineering designs prepared by outside consultants for projects to be constructed by Amtrak and projects constructed by others on behalf of Amtrak to ensure compliance with industry and Amtrak standards. Provide Construction Related Engineering assistance when requested by Division Personnel and when necessary, make field inspections pursuant to making engineering decisions. Assist in development of new electrical standards and help develop prototype electrical equipment with manufacturers for use on the 25 Hz system and the 60 Hz system. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Develop and produce Electric Traction designs including calculations and drawings for various projects and custom equipment.
* Testing and commissioning of new and existing facilities.
* Provide technical assistance in a matrix organization.
* Collaborate with system and division project managers on project progress.
* Manage in:house and consultant design projects.
* Demonstrated experience in design of Substations, Transmission, SCADA and similar facilities.
* Demonstrated experience in Relay Protection designs and calculations.
* Demonstrated experience in project management.
* Demonstrated experience in managing large projects from planning phase through construction
* Familiarity with various standards and codes including ones published by the IEEE, AREMA and NFPA amongst others.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project and AutoCAD.
* Must be computer literate and have good communication skills.
* Project Management and Planning/Scheduling.
* Ability to work well with cross:functional teams, design engineers, field personnel, and project management experience.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Up to 25
Employment Experience Requirements:
1 : 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug:free workplace and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing.All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing.We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug:free.
In accordance with
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 51971702 newjersey