Senior Business Analyst (Financial): 90035946 : Philadelphia - (philadelphia, pennsylvania)
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 12:04 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Senior Business Analyst reports to the Mgr Billing and Database Support. The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for maintaining the WEB WEE databases as they relate to costs for all Amtrak departments, with specific emphasis on executing the daily reconciliation process and SAP file load validation. The position acts as the liaison for project managers to track and research project costs, with particular focus on purchase orders. The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for the execution of the Time Distribution Report (TDR) process for Amtrak. The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for the engineering journal process for reoccurring monthly journal entries as well as all corrective journal entries. The Senior Business Analyst serves as system trouble desk and user support for the WEB WEE applications.
- Assists with the loading and validation of data for WEB WEE. Executes and documents the daily reconciliation process which includes SAP file load validation, exception reporting and corrective recommendations. Performs other cost and data reconciliations as requested.
- Responsible for the daily loading of the Open Purchase Order file. Analyzes and resolves contract/PO issues and payment issues for Engineering through collaboration with Finance, Procurement and project managers on a regular basis. Proficient at making informed decisions with purchase orders including verification of invoice payments, determining if equipment has been returned, status of good receipts, and collaborating with buyer to reduce/close/cancel a purchase order.
- Responsible for execution of the Time Distribution Report (TDR) process which accounts for more than 1M a month in transfers of management salary project costs from core to capital and reimbursable projects. Maintains the user system access (250+ users), manages notification process for TDR certification, and executes the month:end process of preparing, reconciling and posting the TDR journal entry. Provides month:end reports to Finance, Engineering cost center managers, and other departments regularly, and provides ad:hoc TDR data as requested. Responsible for all TDR corrections and is proficient in determining if corrections should be done via the system or a corrective journal entry.
- Responsible for the engineering journal entry process for reallocation of costs as requested, as well as monthly reoccurring journals for TDR postings and Travelliance Lodging. Executes the Travelliance Lodging process which validates and matches lodging stays (bi:monthly lodging invoices of 1M : 1.5M per invoice) to union labor. Prepares and reconciles the Travelliance Lodging journal entry, and maintains all Travelliance lodging related files.
- Serves as system support desk for the 500+ users of the WEB WEE applications. Assists all users in the understanding and use of WEB WEE and its multi:level reporting structure. Works directly with internal and external Amtrak customers that are requesting specific reports or ad hoc data analysis. Supports the ongoing training of the WEB WEE systems as they relate to Engineering and/or the Corporation.
- Responsible for providing financial transaction and analysis support for Project Managers, and all Amtrak as needed and/or directed. Research issues and scenarios, recommend courses of actions and expected results, and proactively take initiative to complete tasks and resolve issues.
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 53681087 newjersey