Retail Sales Team Member, Full Time: Rockaway, NJ, Macy's Backstage Rockaway Town Square - Macys
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:43 PM
A Team Member is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable, operating cash registers and mobile POS stations, executing proper product placement and flow, floor moves, replenishment, inventory, shortage control, stockroom organization, ensuring markdowns are taken in a timely and accurate manner, set-up and removal of signs as directed for promotional events or sales. A Team Member is also responsible unloading and unpacking new merchandise when delivered, processing merchandise, floor recovery and performing other duties as necessary.
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection
- Offer to put purchase on customer's Macy's charge account
- Reinforce customer's selection and package merchandise with care
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible
- Maintain a positive attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy's commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Maintain department recovery standards, including fitting room go backs
- Receive and unload new merchandise from truck
- Unpack merchandise from vendor boxes and remove merchandise from plastic bags and packaging
- Take photos of new merchandise and upload to sharepoint
- Place sensors on goods according to MSS standards, hang or fold merchandise and place on racks to be taken to the selling floor
- Assist in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets
- Assist customers carrying large purchases to parking lot as needed
- Recover shopping carts from parking lot as needed
- Mark correct price on merchandise based on price changes and markdowns
- Execute set-up and removal of signs for the entire store timely and accurately
- Use RF scanning equipment to determine mark downs
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Follow shortage programs and procedures
- Maintain store cleanliness standards, including cash wrap, back office and restrooms as needed
- Perform the above noted functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Perform other duties as assigned
- No specific educational degree is required.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Optical abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to function as part of a team
• Location: Ledgewood, North Jersey
• Post ID: 35183733 newjersey