We all understand the feeling of sinking into a clean bed after a strenuous day. You take pride in delivering pristine sheets and towels, and also have a keen sense for detail. The Laundry Attendant maintains constant supply of clean linens for the hotel; performs all stages of linen processing, including collecting, transporting, sorting, weighing, loading and unloading (washers, dryers and chutes), ironing, folding, storing and delivering. Also cleans laundry machinery and laundry area. The Briad Group values your attention to detail, and as Laundry Attendant, your efforts help us exceed guest expectations.
- Wash and dry all dirty linens, towels, rags, etc., as directed by management.
- Skillfully use laundry equipment to safely and thoroughly clean and keeping the work area clean and safe.
- Help ensure laundry operations run smoothly by alerting the supervisor when equipment stops working properly, if supplies are needed and when linen is damaged.
- Clean dryer filter daily and maintain all equipment as trained.
- Operate iron as per standard and ensure that it is shut off at the end of day.
- Always practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests and fellow employees.
- Sweep and mop laundry floors storing all linens off the floor.
- Remove and sort dirty linens and towels from laundry carts.
- Keep laundry carts clean and free of debris.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Other duties as required.
Keys to Success
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
About The Briad Group
Welcome to fun. If you can eat there, drink there or sleep there, we can play with it, adding our special brand of flare to the flavor of fun we like to call The Briad Group. Welcome to our website, where you'll learn about one of America's fastest growing hospitality companies.
Our Lodging Division: NOW HIRING! In 2005, Briad opened five Marriott and Hilton hotels. We opened another in 2006, and three during the first half of 2007. Yet another opened in the second half of 2008 and two more in 2009. In December of 2010, we were delighted to sell our hotel portfolio. But it didn't take long to start new projects. Just 3 weeks later, we broke ground on two new development projects and are currently hiring for our newest locations in Branchburg, NJ and Hamilton, NJ. We continue to scout for new locations in order to keep growing. We think we do rooms well. Obviously, Marriott and Hilton think so, too.
Our formula for success includes building strong leadership teams. The Briad Group takes pride in training, developing and promoting what it considers the hospitality industry's most talented employees. Through Briad University, where our management students learn the latest industry techniques and best management practices available, we provide a unique opportunity for employees to learn three different segments of the industry: quick-service, casual-dining and hotel operation.
Employees can join the team as hourly employees and move up to manage multiple restaurants or oversee the growth of the hotel group. We think it's our attention to training and development that distinguishes us from other franchise-based companies.
Our mission? To operate nationally recognized restaurant and hotel
• Post ID: 38040163 newjersey