Job Responsibilities -
The Junior Sous Chef is responsible for assisting in ensuring that all meals coming from the kitchen are well prepared with regard to quality, consistency, eye appeal, taste and food cost.
He/She will assist in overseeing all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas; hot food from the main kitchen and bakery, and cold food from the pantry.
He/she is expected to utilize training provided by the Sous Chef, meet corporate quality standards, assist in establishing and enforcing food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation.
The Junior Sous Chef is also responsible for assisting in controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
Position Requirements -
- Excellent culinary skills.
- A culinary degree; or at least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
• Post ID: 38031168 newjersey