- We have an opening for a Full-Time CHEF, SUSHI position.
- Location: Rowan University; 201 Mullica Hill Rd, Glassboro, NJ 08028.Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday - Thursday 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM.
- Requirement: Must have prior experience.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Summary: Prepares and presents sushi and related food products to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer a unique combination of restaurant, catering and special event experience to customers.
- Demonstrates high-level knife skills and special skills associated with sushi prep, production and presentation.
- Stores foods in designated areas following corporate, state and federal food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Ensures proper food handling, presentation, portion control and maintenance of appropriate serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation of all equipment, supplies and utensils within work area; cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving the area; keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to assure compliance with all sanitation, ServSafe, safety, OSHA, production and merchandising requirements.
- Interacts with customers to enhance dining experience; demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and is able to accurately explain them to customers and associates.
- Keeps up with peak production and service hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 54119
• Post ID: 38054463 newjersey