Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:43 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Clean Engine House welfare facilities, deliver supplies and materials, fueling in yard and Engine House, sand, water, clean and supply engines, handle sand, operate cleaning machines, and operate motor vehicles as necessary to perform the above.May include but are not limited to the following; operate large pieces of equipment, such as locomotives, being repaired, maintained or refurbished at a maintenance facility and similarly being repaired, maintained or refurbished, as well as such handling which is incident and necessary to the performance of those functions.
- Will operate mechanical floor cleaners, forklifts and similar equipment
- Clean holding toilets, clean all aspects of facility and equipment, which may include hazardous or bio:hazardous material
- Will work with potentially hazardous chemicals or asbestos or in elevated or confined areas
- All duties of a utility worker working at the Engine House, performs unskilled, semi:skilled and simple work, including but not limited to work of the former classifications combined into this new Utility Worker classification; assists others as required and must perform yard clean up
- Must pass all Amtrak required classes
- Should possess good computer skills
- Must have prior satisfactory job performances
- Must be N.O.R.A.C certified and qualified to move locomotive
- Must have full knowledge of hand operated switches
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Employment Experience Requirements:
1 : 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug:free workplace and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing.All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing.We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug:free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety: sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety:sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nat
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 37041043 newjersey