2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
You can afford to have an attitude.
Plenty of attitude in a surprisingly lean and low package - priced to leave more room in your pocketbook to express yourself with cool Custom Star Accessories. Now there's no reason to settle for less than a real Star.
From the day it hit the street, the V-Star 650 Custom was a huge hit.
We started with an authentic V-twin powerplant and a lean, low-slung chassis, and then tricked it out with lots of chrome, luminous paint, and a bobtail rear fender. And thanks to its chopper profile, shaft drive, and easy to ride attitude, the end result is no ordinary custom. The V-Star 650 Custom is so stylish and unique, people will swear you must have customized it yourself. Don't worry - we won't tell a soul.
- Bungee cord tie-down points nearpassengerfootpegs prevent unwanted scratches.
- Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
- This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
- Twin Mikuni BDS28 carbs with throttle position sensor (TPS) provide crisp throttle response.
- Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery.
- Light clutch action is perfect for novice riders.
- Maintenance-free, transistorized coil ignition provides sure starts and excellent engine performance
- Classic, side-mounted air cleaner not only adds that special styling touch but also is easy to service.
- Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
- Low-maintenance, exposed shaft drive provides quiet, clean, reliable performance.
- 2-into-2 chrome exhaust pipes creates sleek styling while delivering maximum engine power.
- The conversion to aftermarket items is simple and straightforward.
- Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC emissions..
- Lots of chrome engine parts highlight quality and value.
- Stout, large-diameter, double-cradle, steel frame is designed to provide a low seat height with ample rider legroom.
- Long, 1,610mm (63.4") wheelbase provides a stable ride and predictable handling while creating that long and low retro look.
- 41mm front fork with 140mm (5.5") of wheel travel ensures a smooth, comfortable ride. Chip guards prevent stone knicks from damaging tubes.
- Spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear suspension lowers centre of gravity for better handling and easy maneuverability. Wheel travel is 86mm (3.4"). There are 7 steps of spring preload adjustability.
- Rear shock is tucked out of sight for that classic, hardtail look.
- Single 298mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Easy-to-adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator
- Large, plushly padded, low-profile seat provides exceptional rider comfort, while class-leading low 695mm (27.4") seat height allows most riders to put feet firmly on the ground for extra confidence.
- Narrow front tire on wire-spoked, chrome wheel completes the Custom design and delivers quick steering for easy handling.
- Large 16-litre fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for an extra long cruising range.
- Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer features 3D speed graduations. Functions include odometer and tripmeter displays.
- Industry-leading, Star Family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- "Bullet-style", chrome, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight adds a stylish touch while maximizing nighttime visibility.
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures reliable, no-hassle starting.
- Locking helmet holder
- Locking storage compartment adds convenience and security.
- Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish new clear signal lenses
- Forward-mounted rider footpegs
- Removable passenger seat
- 3D Yamaha side cover emblems
- Steering lock