What you’ll be doing...
Forecast, design, implement, document, monitor, and optimize the elements and configurations necessary to provide wireless data network services.
• Work with area planning, data performance engineering, operations, and inter-area networking to ensure coordination of all requirements associated with wireless data network services.
• Provide a disciplined Project Management approach to network modifications, taking accountability for adherence to budget, schedule, and product rollout, testing, and acceptance. Plan data network element growth, developing semi annual forecast, budget and project plan requirements.
• Proactively monitor and report on resource utilization and equipped capacity, ensuring resources are engineered to levels which assure optimum network availability and reliability as demanded by company performance standards.
• Document information stores such as IP addresses, port assignments and connection information for routing and switching equipment in Xpercom/XNG.
• Develop MOP’s and change control processes accounting for modifications to configuration which are compliant to company network security, reliability, control standards, and conform to operations acceptance. Provide assistance to operations, system performance, and inter-area networking in the resolution of technical and customer problems.
• Provide support to localize and isolate faults, detect and diagnose anomalous behavior.
• Develop methods to improve the analysis, alarming, and monitoring of the data network elements.
• Evaluate and plan for new product impact on data .
• Interface with Area and Corporate teams responsible for core network.
• Participate in new technology and product trials; ensure timely Product rollout and testing.
• Identify Key Performance Indicators and propose enhancements.
• Manage Vendors to ensure timely delivery of new features and product upgrades.
Position will require field visits to various sites including but not limited to Yonkers NY, Farmingdale NY, Wall NJ and Branchburg NJ.
What we’re looking for...
Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science. - 3-5 years of Information Systems experience preferred -CCNA - Expertise in data networking protocols including TCP/IP, OSI, BGP, and other LAN/WAN protocols
• 2 years experience Wireless Networking Architecture, LTE Network Architecture
• Experience using Cisco or Juniper devices
• Experience with Redhat
• Experience with Software Defined Networks and Virtual Machines
• Project Management training and experience in Project Management
• Experience with performance measurement and capacity planning
• Experience supporting commercial, 24x7, and Internet-facing systems.
• Full understanding of the UNIX operating system.
• Experience developing support tools using UNIX shell scripts and utilities.
• Familiarity with system management and monitoring software. -Understanding of Firewall hardware and software.
• Understanding of Sniffer software and hardware analysis tools. -Hands-on T1/T3 / OC-3 interconnects. Asynchronous / Synchronous connectivity (i.e. RS-232, RS-449, PPP, HDLC,) XBaseT, Coax, Fiber.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and capability of working independently.
• Demonstrated technical and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work with others without conflict and achieve goals.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively via written technical proposals and oral communications.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and make sound technical judgments in a demanding environment.
• Position requires occasional late night and all night support and participation.
• Limited Travel required -Valid drivers
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6877196-systems-engineer
• Post ID: 38090553 newjersey