A Fairfield-based hospital is seeking a Patient Care Technician (Med/Surg), Full Time, 7am-7pm, Varied Days of the Week and Every Other Weekend, to join our team.
As one of the nation s leading health care systems, we re committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more thousands of children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices across the country. We strive to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At our hospital, our team helps us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Our hospital offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that include medical, paid time off, sick leave, career growth, training, and the support our associates need.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Assisting with general activities of the Medical/Surgical unit.
- Demonstrating proficiency in the care of patients of all ages: neonates, infants, toddlers, school-aged and adolescents.
- Assisting with the provision of family-centered care in conjunction with other disciplines.
- Prepares rooms for patient admissions, ensuring that the room is clean and proper equipment is set up for patient s needs.
- Ensures an adequate stock of all necessary equipment and supplies in designated areas at established par levels.
- Performs vital signs and reports abnormalities to assigned RN.
- Records intake and output of patients as directed by RN.
- Ensures a clean and safe patient care environment.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living (bath, feed, play, etc.) and provides other patient care as directed.
- High school diploma and completion of an accredited Nursing Assistant course in New Jersey required.
- In lieu of Nursing Assistant course, completion of at least one semester of basic nursing skills in an accredited nursing program required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of hospital PCT or CNA experience preferred; Pediatric Med/Surg experience preferred.
- Valid American Heart BLS upon hire required.
We're also actively hiring caregivers, certified nursing assistants, and home health aides for full time and part time positions in the following areas:
Pine Brook, Lincoln Park, Montville, Caldwell, Towaco, Roseland, Pequannock, Lake Hiawatha, Essex Fells, Totowa
Keywords: Certified nursing aide, nursing student, nurse assistant, CNA, CNA job, nursing technician, C.N.A., nursing assistant, NA certified, nurses assistant, nurse aide, certified nursing assistant, healthcare, hospital
• Post ID: 38011948 newjersey