Posted: Monday, July 24, 2017 12:07 AM
Company name:Urner Barry - Commodity Market
Benefits Offered Dental, 401K, Medical, Life, Vision
Employment Type Full-Time
JOB DESCRIPTION: Staff Writer – Seafood News
JOB CODE: SW-SN
REPORTS TO: Director News Products
TYPE: Full Time
DATE UPDATED: June 12, 2017
Reporting to Director News Products, Staff Writer will be part of a team that is providing the seafood industry with timely, accurate and unbiased news and market information. Seafood News is a daily seafood industry electronic newsletter that is independent of the Urner Barry Market Reports. As employee development is essential, responsibilities and job function may expand and evolve proportionate to the employer’s needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include, but not limited to):
· Participate in a daily editorial conference to determine primary news of the day.
· Generate original news articles and summaries of news as needed.
· Management, utilization and maintenance of outside news feeds.
· On-going monitoring and reporting of critical industry news through phone contact, internet searches, court records, press releases and trade leads.
· Act as liaison with Urner Barry’s Seafood market reporters to determine trends and specific stories.
· Prepare daily news summary and produce the electronic newsletter, including digital photo selection.
· Directly responsible for news content and formatting; and writing and proofing of promotional material.
· Assist with the business requirements of Seafood News such as advertising and subscription expansion.
· Contribution to highest levels of customer satisfaction.
· Professional interaction with staff.
· Develop contacts and relationships within the seafood industry suitable to create stories.
· Degree in journalism, English, or business administration, is preferred.
· Interest in market behavior and business issues, with a basic understanding of economic principles.
· Excellent research, writing and communication skills.
· Creative ability and imagination. Self-starter with good ability to interact and learn from people.
· Ability to work under pressure while completing assignments in a timely manner.
· Willingness to travel.
· Strong computer and internet skills - Command of Windows environment including Microsoft Office, excellent at using search engines, researching topics, papers, public documents, and court documents.
· Smart, flexible, diligent and professional.
· Maintain sense of initiative and urgency.
· Straightforward, honest, team player.
Health, Optical, Dental, Orthodontic Insurance, 401k, Profit Sharing
SUBMIT RESUME TO: Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 389, Toms River, NJ 08753
E-mail resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Urner Barry - Commodity Market:
What We Offer
Urner Barry strives to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes and analysis with the most effective methods available using the latest in database technology. Whether it be in print, on-line, email or video, Urner Barry's services deliver timely and valuable market news, quotations and analysis to a wide range of customers.
• Location: Jersey Shore, Toms River, NJ
• Post ID: 37575953 newjersey