Senior Manager - Category Lead - Global Strategic Insights (GSI) - Johnson & Johnson (Titusville,
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 6:14 AM
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for Senior Manager â Category Lead â Global Strategic Insights (GSI). The position will be based in Titusville, Somerville, Skillman or New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Senior Manager-Category Lead will be responsible for leading a Procurement organization in support of approximately $50 to $200 million in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This spend is medium to low complex in nature and requires a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organizationâs activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
It will provide Global and Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
The Senior Manager-Category Leadâs scope of responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J.
- Interface directly with CEOâs and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of JNJâs objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments.
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions.
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business.
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement's goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics.
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs (30%).
- Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations (20%).
- Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets (20%).
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles (10%).
- Conduct performance reviews/serve as People Manager for Subordinate Leads (10%).
- Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global Procurement Leadership (5%).
- Manage & prioritize portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharmaceutical, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives (5%).
- Bachelorâs degree.
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills.
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues.
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with J&J senior Management.
- Ability to show strategic thinking.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information.
- Ability to continuously improve the organization.
- Ability to travel 10-15% domestic and international.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- MBA degree.
- Area of study in Business, Life Sciences or related field.
- Experienced professional with business experience in multiple roles across a variety of functional specialties including general management, R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain or a Technical filed with at least 5+ years within a Procurement environment.
- Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.).
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community.
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain); has "presence".
- Strong people management and development skills.
- Successfully lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2400170531&lang=en
• Location: South Jersey, Titusville
• Post ID: 37414688 newjersey