Job Function: Fire Protection Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 5-7 Years
Required Travel: 0-10%
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2016, Forbes magazine named Verisk Analytics to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list and to its America’s Best Large Employers list. If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us.
At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work; create a positive, lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
Are you an experienced risk control professional with proven ability working in a fast-paced environment? Are you looking to utilize your knowledge in fire protection systems, building construction, loss control, and related discipline providing risk analysis, development of policies and practices, conduct research among others? Do you like working in a collaborative environment?
While the preferred location for this job is Jersey City, NJ, it can be within 3 hours travel distance to Jersey City by car or rail.
As Risk Control Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing primary technical support and guidance for the development of new and enhanced products
- Providing subject matter expertise for the development of risk evaluation methodologies, loss control policies and practices and assisting in the maintenance of associated technical resources
- Conducting research to discover methods, techniques, and/or sources of information related to fire ignition, and sustainment and extinguishment. Researches complex problems, analysis of various related approaches and implementation of the most effective solutions
- Developing strategic approaches for addressing emerging issues from a technical and product development perspective
- Analyzing and/or identifying underlying principles, reasons, or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions utilizing engineering knowledge and logic
- Working closely and effectively with key stakeholders including: representatives from the property/casualty industry, municipal leaders, code officials, architects and engineers, governmental representatives, fire service personnel, and ISO staff members
- Preparing and presenting clear written and oral communications to external and internal audiences on technical issues
We offer an excellent compensation package. Our benefits package is competitive and includes full healthcare options, a 401(k) plan, and generous paid time off program.
Verisk Analytics is and Equal Opportunity Employer
- 5 years or more experience in risk control with knowledge of the evaluation/design of fire protection systems, fundamentals of building construction and related resistance to fire and natural perils (wind, earthquake, flood, etc.)
- Minimum BS degree in fire protection, mechanical or civil/structural engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) designation
- Working knowledge or familiarization with international building codes and standards (ICC), knowledge and understanding of fire and life safety codes including NFPA and other national industry standards Factory Mutual (FM), and OSHA.
- Working knowledge of the basic processes of fire behavior, , combustion of materials, effects on and performance of structures in a fire
- Knowledge related to the principles of fire water supply and hydraulic analysis with the ability to predict needed fire flows, with knowledge of emergency response and fire service standards and procedures
- Strong foundation in fire dynamics with knowledge of principles, methods, and practices of modern fire prevention, fire protection engineering, fire suppression activities, and new construction technology including fire protection and detection systems
- Knowledge of risk analysis techniques including predictive and analytic procedures for the assessment of hazards and probabilities with statistical analytic ability
- Experience in risk control concepts related to property insurance, workers compensation and liability issues
Contact Person: DebbieTobin
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 53007032 newjersey