Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 4:10 AM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Director Training and Development will lead the Training and Development team in the design, development and implementation of innovative learning programs to support organizational initiatives and employee development needs. The Director Training and Development will work collaboratively with senior leadership and business executives to identify, create and deliver training and development solutions that are closely aligned with the business strategy. This individual will define an overarching vision and learning structure that is integrated with each piece of the talent lifecycle and contributes to the success of the business by increasing employee and organizational capability and performance. Define and develop a scalable, progressive strategy for learning and development and associated programs and activities. Partner with the senior leaders of the firm to drive a strategy for the development of its current and future team base and leadership. Participate in Training Advisory Board with enterprise leaders to define training priorities and timelines.
- Develop and implement high impact employee and leadership development strategies for development of individual contributors, high potential talent, managers and directors to improve the organizations capability to drive and deliver business results and boost individual performance
- Provide performance and organizational development consulting and serve as an adviser to HR Business Partners, other HR functions and the business
- Design customized development interventions to accelerate growth of the current and future leader successor talent pools and address critical development needs
- Establish and direct the implementation of processes and guidelines on needs assessment to ensure learning strategies and solutions meet root:cause needs, measure and evaluate the business impact and ROI of development programs and interventions
- Identify, research and implement best practices learning solutions and technologies to drive organizational learning and performance
- Partner with Business Advisory Councils and business leaders to identify key competencies and gaps for business critical roles, develop plans and key talent programs to close gaps and build critical capabilities
- Provide strategic direction, day:to:day guidance and holds staff accountable for achieving results
- Lead initiatives for deployment of global, enterprise:wide leadership development initiatives
- Leverage and use organizational data and analytics to develop strategies that improve organizational effectiveness
- Develop and manage external vendor/partner relationships resulting in high:quality, cost:effective learning solutions
- Manage and monitor key organizational financial indicators including, but not limited to assigned budget and LBEs
- Extensive experience in Learning and Development and/or Talent Management, Organizational Design, or related Human Resources experience
- Previous experience in managing a large team
- Effective presentation, oral and written communication skills required
- Financial budgeting experience required
- Vendor/supplier management required
- Skilled manager of learning and development resources and techniques
- Strong business acumen and stakeholder management skills
- Track record of leading an organization that delivers impactful training and development solutions in both corporate and field
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 38096783 newjersey