Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 6:38 PM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
The CHOP Microbiome Centers sequencing core is seeking a Research Technician IV.
The CHOP Microbiome Center was established in 2015 as part of the PennCHOP Microbiome Program. The Programs mission is to develop microbiome:based strategies that generate biomarkers or therapeutics to improve health and treat disease.
The position requires expertise in DNA purification, amplification, and sequencing. Experience with programming and statistical analysis is also desirable. The successful applicant will work independently with regular communication with the Centers leadership. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Responsibilities 13;
* Independently performs advanced, complex research procedures on experimental samples
* Formulates and performs lab experiments, analyzes results, reports the data, and maintains appropriate log books and lab notebook
* Assists in development and troubleshooting of new techniques and ideas
* Prepares laboratory reagents, monitors and maintains laboratory inventory and equipment
* Supervises, trains, and mentors junior and new staff members
* Presents and discusses work at weekly lab meetings and journal clubs
Required Education and Experience 13;
:Minimum 2 years relevant laboratory experience beyond classroom / internship(s) required.
:12 : 24 months advanced laboratory experience
BSL2 laboratory experience preferred 13;
Skills and Abilities 13;
* Value for research integrity and collaborative research.
* Strong organizational and time:management skills.
* Excellent writing skills.
* Excellent communication skills/strong interpersonal skills.
* Effective problem solving/critical thinking skills.
* Ability to work independently and strong work ethic.
* Ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
* High level of motivation.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 52718517 newjersey