Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 6:08 PM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
The Bioinformatics Scientist II applies knowledge of biology, bioinformatics algorithms and analysis platforms to consult and collaborate with investigators on their projects and to generate academic output as part of our research teams. Activities include experimental design and writing, analysis of data, and creation of scientifically rigorous visualizations, communications, and presentations of results. The Scientist will be working with a diverse and highly skilled bioinformatics team at the Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Candidates must be able to show proficiency in development of data analysis systems, such as sequencing analysis pipelines and automation for analysis of high:throughput data. Candidates should have an excellent understanding of the strengths and limitations of commonly used data generating platforms as they apply to experimental endpoints and will readily be able to set expectations and defend results through frequent and direct communication with collaborators.
Job Responsibilities 13;
* Using standard pipelines for data processing and manipulation in advance of performing analysis in a manner that best enables the analysis plan
* Contributing to the development of additional pipeline functionality and changes by providing knowledge of both collaboration:specific requirements and bioinformatics discipline advances
* Advocating for specific collaboration requirements for continual advancement of shared pipeline and code resources
* Providing collaboration:specific transparency for data processing and pre:analysis, including sample: and cohort:level status
* Develop best practices for project:based code development, QC, and execution consist with the expectations of specific collaborations
* Regularly seek peer:to:peer code reviews by participating in informal and formal critical code reviews
* Analyze data of high complexity by applying sound statistical and commonly accepted bioinformatics methods to :omics data primarily under the direction of the collaborative project team
* Develop robust analysis plans independently with regular peer:to:peer review in both informal and formal settings
* Incorporate more advanced applications and methods into analysis
* Develop at least one specialty analytical or biomedical area that serves the collaborative team
* Establish role within a collaborative project team as primary bioinformatics resource
* Contribute to and influence project:level management by serving as bioinformatics point
* Define and promote boundaries of support by assessing all stakeholders, including bioinformatics management, collaborator expectations, and funding levels and mechanisms
* Regularly discuss satisfaction and expectations with collaborators; continually advocate for clear understanding of role
* Develop new collaborations with supervision
* Develop presentations, grant sections, and manuscript sections with subsequent review by peers and mentors.
* Regularly contribute to bioinformatics:focused manuscripts and publications
* Regularly contribute to podium presentations and posters
* Contribute to bioinformatics sections of grant and award proposals
Required Education and Experience 13;
Required Education: Bachelors Degree in biological or computational discipline.:a nameText16:
:At least three (3) years of experience in applied bioinformatics, genomics, and computational work.
:Experience with management and analysis of complex data types.
:Experience with genomic/proteomic data analysis methods. 13;
Preferred Education, Experience and Cert/Lic 13;
* MS or Ph.D. in a biological, computational or related discipline.
* At least three (3) years of experience in applied bioinformatics, genomics and computation.
* Working experience with next generati
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 52784927 newjersey