Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:13 AM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
The CHOP Microbiome Centers sequencing core is seeking a Research Technician II.
The CHOP Microbiome Center was established in 2015 as part of the PennCHOP Microbiome Program. The Programs mission is to develop microbiome:based strategies that generate biomarkers or therapeutics to improve health and treat disease.
The position requires experience in DNA purification, amplification, and sequencing. Experience with programming and statistical analysis is also desirable. A two year commitment is requested.
Job Responsibilities 13;
* Performs research procedures under the direction of Lab Manager
* Maintains office, lab area, reagents, supplies and equipment
* Records results, organizes data and maintains lab notebook in an organized manner
* Cleans and performs routine maintenance on lab equipment
* Participates in lab meetings and journal clubs to expand knowledge of research and laboratory techniques
* Value for research integrity and collaborative research.
* Strong organizational and time:management skills.
* Excellent writing skills.
* Excellent communication skills/strong interpersonal skills.
* Effective problem solving/critical thinking skills.
* Ability to work independently and strong work ethic.
* Ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
* High level of motivation.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations 13;
Required Education and Experience 13;
:Associates degree, 9 : 18 months laboratory experience required
:Relevant Internship experience considered 13;
Preferred Education, Experience and Cert/Lic 13;
Bachelors degree in a science related field such as biology, chemistry, or biochemistry
GPA must be entered on profile and resume.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and CV.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 53580057 newjersey