Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 5:50 PM
Employment Status:AX : Active : Per Diem
Job Summary 13;
The Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) is responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, massage therapeutic intervention, reevaluation and education of patients and families who are referred for massage therapy.
Job Responsibilities 13;
1. Responsible for the provision of massage therapy (and other integrative therapeutic interventions) to patients on a continuum of age, health and wellness.
2. Evaluates patients to determine appropriateness of services; establishes long and short term goals with patient and caregiver involvement; and develops an individualized treatment plan incorporating patient and caregiver needs.
3. Consults with the patients specialty and/or primary care providers, as necessary.
4. Facilitates treatment sessions, utilizing an evidence:based approach, to meet each patients specific needs and to achieve care plan goals. Observes progress and/or changes in patients condition and modifies plan accordingly. Explains the treatment to patients, and responds to their questions and concerns.
5. Evaluates treatment outcomes and recommends new or altered treatments as necessary to further promote, restore, or maintain health. Assesses patients progress through questioning and examination as well as reviewing treatment plans, if necessary.
6. Maintains detailed and complete records of session documentation in electronic medical record. Documents patients evaluation results, objective status, progress towards goals,treatment plan, and recommendations in compliance with documentation requirements of the hospital and accrediting associations.
7. Educates patients and caregivers on treatment goals and therapy plan; instructs patients and caregivers on activities to follow while in hospital or at home; documents instruction;and evaluates ongoing compliance and understanding.
8. Maintains the administrative functions of individual caseload, including scheduling patients for treatment, entering daily charges, and submitting timely documentation to appropriate parties.
9. Actively engages in building utilization of the Integrative Health Programs services.
10. Conducts formal and informal educational programs for hospital staff, students and community. Develops and maintains a portfolio of educational materials for clinicians and patients, using print and non:print media.
11. Receives continuing education, reads trade journals, and keeps up:to:date on industry practices and regulations.
12. Participates in departmental in:service training programs to enhance professional development.
13. Collaborates with physicians, third:party payors, relevant healthcare providers and community stakeholders.
14. Adheres to local, state and federal laws, regulations and statutes.
15. Adheres to program guidelines. Maintains and follows standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.
16. Sets:up and breaks down rooms with necessary equipment and supplies.
17. Manages the inventory of supplies and equipment.
18. Adheres to the department productivity standards.
19. Participates in research activities as required.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations 13;
Active license to practice Massage Therapy :PA and NJ.Certification in Pediatric Massage Therapy 13;
Required Education and Experience 13;
Required Education: Graduated from an accredited massage therapy school or program in the United States.
Required Experience: One (1) year of experience working with pediatric clients.
Preferred Education, Experience and Cert/Lic 13;
Preferred Education: Bachelors degree.
Preferred Experience: Previous massage therapy work experience in a hospital and/or pediatric setting or clinical affiliation in the area of pediatrics. Completion of a hospital:based massage therapy training program. National Certification for T
• Location: Central Jersey, voorhees
• Post ID: 53298052 newjersey