- We have an opening for a full-time COOK, HELPERposition.
- Location: Carnegie Center - 101 Carnegie Center, Princeton, NJ 08540. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday thru Friday, from 6:00am to 2:00pm.
- Requirement: Must have prior cooking experience.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Eurest is recognized worldwide for standards of service and excellence within the foodservice industry. Embracing an ownership mindset, Eurest leverages global resources, promotes a local presence and enriches the communities we serve. The Eurest Promise, ??connect with people, inspire through food, create solutions, and live our promise,? is exemplified throughout our organization. Eurest is proud to serve the world??s most respected successful corporations, including many of the Fortune 500.
Full time associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Learns to assists in the preparation and cooking of various food items prior to being considered a qualified, skilled cook. Maintains food safety and sanitation standards in the preparation and kitchen areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns to read menu to estimate food requirements. Orders food from supplier or procures it from storage.
- Prepares and cooks food in accordance with company production records and standardized recipes.
- Learns to adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles.
- Helps measure and mix ingredients according to recipes using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods under guidance. Adds seasoning to food during mixing or cooking under the instruction of others.
- Tests food by tasting, smelling and piercing to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meat, portions food on serving plates, and adds gravies, sauces and garnishes to fill orders as directed.
- Washes, peels, cuts and shreds fruits and vegetables and fruits.
- Butchers chicken, fish and shellfish as directed.
- Bakes bread, rolls, cakes and pastry as course of instruction permits.
- Maintains work area and equipment. Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
- Interacts with customers and coworkers in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner.
- Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of
• Post ID: 38066268 newjersey