- We have an opening for5 Full-Time EXHIBITION COOK positions.
- Location: University of Pennsylvania; 3417 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104.Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: 2 openings:Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM; 1 opening: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM; 2 openings: Monday - Friday 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM.
- Requirement: Cooking and customer service experience preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Bon Apptit Management Company believes we can change the world through food. A pioneer in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, we cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients. Our teams at corporations, universities, and museums all across the US have the freedom to create menus tuned to their guests, mixing regional comfort foods and global cuisine. We are committed to nurturing our staff??s talents, staying ahead of dining trends, and making a difference in the food system. Join us in our mission of ??food service for a sustainable future.?
Summary: Learns to assists in the preparation and cooking of various food items prior to being considered a qualified, skilled cook. Maintains food safety and sanitation standards in the preparation and kitchen areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns to read menu to estimate food requirements. Orders food from supplier or procures it from storage.
- Prepares and cooks food in accordance with company production records and standardized recipes.
- Learns to adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles.
- Helps measure and mix ingredients according to recipes using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods under guidance. Adds seasoning to food during mixing or cooking under the instruction of others.
- Tests food by tasting, smelling and piercing to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meat, portions food on serving plates, and adds gravies, sauces and garnishes to fill orders as directed.
- Washes, peels, cuts and shreds fruits and vegetables and fruits.
- Butchers chicken, fish and shellfish as directed.
- Bakes bread, rolls, cakes and pastry as course of instruction permits.
- Maintains work area and equipment. Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
- Interacts with customers in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner while serving food
- Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurat
• Post ID: 38054298 newjersey