Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 10:52 AM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
There will be two components for this position: 1) attending psychiatrist on the Consultation Liaison/Emergency Department Service (75 effort), and 2) attending psychiatrist in the outpatient program (25 effort) with a focus on psychiatric assessment, pediatric psychopharmacology, and outpatient CL.
The Consultation Liaison Psychiatrist are responsible for providing psychiatric evaluations, formulations, and direct clinical care to primarily hospitalized patients on the pediatric and surgical units who have co:morbid psychiatric conditions. The psychiatrists are members of the CL team who include psychiatric social workers and other mental health professionals and work in conjunction with psychologists from the pediatric psychology team. An important component of the role of the CL psychiatrist is to consult with the pediatric and surgical teams regarding the assessment, management, and disposition of patients with major medical and co:occurring psychiatric problems.
The attending psychiatrists who provide treatment in the outpatient program at The Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia are responsible for providing evaluations and treatment to children, adolescents and their families. They are responsible for supporting the clinical and administrative operations of the program and report to the director of the outpatient clinic. A primary focus will be in the areas of assessment and pharmacological treatment of youth with psychiatric disorders as well as continued care of patients treated during the inpatient hospitalization and treated by the CL team.
Job Responsibilities 13;
1. Provide assessment and treatment of children, adolescents and their families in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
2. Comply with the documentation requirements of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in a timely and efficient manner.
3. Support the policies and procedures of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
4. Support the quality initiatives and budgetary goals set for the department.
5. Regularly participate in clinical and administrative meetings related to the operations of the outpatient program.
6. Provide supervision and teaching for the Child Psychiatry residents, general psychiatry residents, other specialties requiring psychiatry training, and medical students.
7. Comply with scheduling and billing practices of the Department of Psychiatry.
8. Information Management:
:Support implementation of information systems to support clinical care needs, patient appointment scheduling and processing, and patient documentation.
9. Quality Management:
:Participate in the identification and implementation of opportunities to enhance patient and family satisfaction.
:Participate in efforts to ensure compliance with JCAHO standards and other applicable accreditation and regulatory standards.
Job Responsibilities (Continued) 13;
Job Responsibilities (Continued) 13;
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations 13;
Board eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 13;
Required Education and Experience 13;
Preferred Education, Experience and Cert/Lic 13;
Board certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Medical License, DEA
Additional Technical Requirements 13;
:Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team
:Communication skills needed to present goals clearly.
:Demonstrated ability to work effectively with children, adolescents, and families. 13;
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia is
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 53888737 newjersey