Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:49 AM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for the maintenance and operation of Amtrak owned and coordination of the utility owned frequency converter facilities.
* Responsible for operation, maintenance and repairs of Amtrak owned frequency conversion facilities which includes trouble shooting failures
* Developing maintenance schedules for our field technicians that maintain the facilities
* Training of Amtrak technicians at conversion facilties
* Develop scope of work for activities to be performed by non:Amtrak workers
* Respond to calls outside the normal tour of duty
* Work with Procurement to implement contracts for non:Amtrak workers
* Oversee maintenance and repairs of conversion facilities owned by utilitiy companies
* Keep up to date records and documentation for the converter facilities
* Insure compliance with standards that apply to conversion facilities
* Some converter/substation maintenance.
* Good working knowledge of the electricification system
* Knowledge of Electric Traction Dept.construction standards, standard operating instructions, AMT2 and RWP
* Demonstrated experience in Electric Traction maintenance and construction
* Extensive knowledge of BMWE, ARASA, IBEW, and ATDA labor agreements
* Effective knowledge of OSHA and FRA safety regulations, policies and programs, injury prevention programs, and personal protective safety equipment
* Experience with Microsoft Office packages
* Strong organization, administrative and planning skills
* Prior satisfactory job performance
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Extensive experience in Electric Traction
* Experience with SCADA control systems, PLCs, RTUs and relays
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with Converter Design experience
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Up to 50
Employment Experience Requirements:
3 : 5 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug:free workplace and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug:free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety: sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consen
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 38095913 newjersey