Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:03 AM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
Responsible for conducting process improvement assessments of revenue cycle operations in clinical areas to meet the needs of both internal and external customers. Functions as the project manager of the Revenue Assessment Team for assessments in assigned departments or clinical areas. Analyzes the assessment results, develops recommendations for process improvement, and monitors the results of implemented changes. Works with the PARC departments, Information Technology, and other clinical/operational areas to implement the process improvement strategies. Functions as a resource to the Business Office and assigned revenue:generating clinical areas in the correlation of clinical services provided and the subsequent billing that must occur. Conducts Third Party Payor and other chart/bill audits as requested by external customers. This position will include assisting in any education that may be needed related to charge capture, coding, documentation, and the reconciliation process.
Job Responsibilities 13;
Assesses efficiency and accuracy of revenue cycle operations for assigned clinical areas. Makes recommendations for process improvements as needed.
* Functions as the Project Manager for revenue cycle process assessments as assigned.
* The assessment includes the areas of registration, charge capture, coding, documentation, billing, reconciliation, payor reimbursement, and compliance.
* Utilizes established project management tools and methodology to conduct revenue cycle assessments.
* Identify project leadership team and members, define project scope, develop assessment plans, conduct assessment activities such as interviews, outcomes analysis, process flows and analysis, conduct documentation reviews, and conduct direct clinical observations as needed. Identify quick hits and redesign opportunities for each project.
* Communicates regularly with key stakeholders about the progress, critical factors and obstacles related to each revenue cycle assessment.
* Assists in developing metrics to be used for ongoing monitoring.
* Completes revenue cycle assessments in the agreed:upon time period.
* Prepares and presents high quality reports of the revenue cycle department assessment and the findings to various audiences.
* Implements quick hit items within the designated time period; Functions as a content expert resource for the redesign activities.
* Monitors revenue activity after the process improvement strategies have been implemented.
* Works toward meeting institutional goal of increasing revenue through improved charge capture processes.
Conducts third party payor and other externally requested chart/bill audits.
* Pre:audit will be conducted prior to scheduled audit date 100 of the time.
* The audit and exit interview will be completed within 60 days of audit request 95 of the time.
* Post:audit paperwork will be completed and sent to Business Office Collections Manager within one week of finalized audit.
* All significant audit findings will be reported to appropriate Department Head within 2 weeks of audit. Corrective actions will be taken as needed.
Functions as a liaison between clinical departments, Business Office/Finance, and other PARC departments.
* Assists clinical departments (holds inservices, etc.) in their understanding of how their clinical operations, revenue cycle processes, and compliance are inter:related.
* Assists external customers as requested with questions regarding hospital charging, coding, or documentation.
* Participates in institutional committees as relevant.
* Assists Business Office with technical expertise for coding questions related to denied claims or complex charge questions.
* Work closely with the CDM Process Manager and other Revenue Cycle Specialists on on:going charging and billing activity.
Job Responsibilities (C
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 53783592 newjersey