Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 9:44 AM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This challenging program offers different rotations during a 3612 month training period within the Engineering Department with the possibility of cross:functional rotations. The program will include an extensive corporate rotation at our corporate headquarters in Washington, D.C.; Leadership Training conference including key critical skills necessary to be a successful leader and mentoring champions.
- Provide personal leadership in safety, reliability and efficiency. Assist in the development of knowledge based methods of improvement in the execution of infrastructure maintenance and replacement
- Engineering trainees will support the planning and directing of the Project Management, Cconstruction, , maintenance, and repair of railroad infrastructure, associated with Major Construction project, including: track, structures, communications and signaling electric traction systems, and other related facilities, ensuring infrastructure reliability and the best use of personnel and material for a safe and cost:efficient operation at maximum production
- Help plan and schedule capital improvement and maintenance capital construction programs to ensure roadway is properly maintained and in safe operating condition
- Identify and test new methods and technology to improve construction maintenance procedures and extend asset life
- Focused areas include: Electric Traction, Communication and Signals, Track and Structures (including stations and support facilities)Project Management and Construction Management
- Excellent team player; strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Must have proven leadership experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, self:starter, motivated individual
- Willingness to hold both office and field positions to obtain technical and operational experience
- Willingness to travel and or relocate to any location across the Amtrak Corporation
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated interest or competency in the railroad industry
- Previous industry experience (internships, co:op, professional)
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Demonstrated academic achievement
- A current transcript must be produced for consideration
Up to 50
Employment Experience Requirements:
Under 1 year of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug:free workplace and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing.All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 38116488 newjersey